2026-02-18 12:37:15

Cristiano Ronaldo’s supposed Saudi Pro League transfer complaints have seemingly been backed by Al-Nassr manager Jorge Jesus.

The 41-year-old forward has reportedly grown frustrated with perceived disparities in transfer backing among the Saudi Pro League’s top clubs, amid a tight title race with Al-Hilal, and Jesus has now shared his empathy for Ronaldo.

The Al-Nassr head coach said in a press conference: “I’ve already been at Al-Hilal. I’ve been on the other side, so I know what that’s like.

“They have more economic power. When I was there, I benefited as a coach. It’s normal.”

Jesus previously managed Al-Hilal and oversaw the arrival of several high-profile signings.

The club have continued to attract elite talent, while Al-Nassr have also invested heavily, but are still chasing a first league title of the Ronaldo era.

Jesus added: “Al-Nassr, with different resources, have to compete for the top spots.

“We have to continue to be strong. That’s why I was hired, to reduce the gap between Al-Hilal and Al-Nassr, in terms of titles and points. And that’s what we’re doing.”

Ronaldo is said to have voiced concerns about the financial muscle of rivals Al-Hilal, particularly after Karim Benzema’s move from Al-Ittihad strengthened the league leaders.

Reports have suggested the Portugal star even considered his future in Saudi Arabia, with a release clause in his contract understood to be worth around £43million.

Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) holds stakes in the leading clubs, though league officials insist each side operates independently within the same financial framework.

A league spokesperson recently stressed that recruitment decisions sit with individual clubs and that no player has influence beyond his own team.

The spokesperson said in a statement: “Cristiano has been fully engaged with Al-Nassr since his arrival and has played an important role in the club’s growth and ambition. Like any elite competitor, he wants to win.

“But no individual – however significant – determines decisions beyond their own club.”

Ronaldo – who signed a contract extension last year keeping him at Al-Nassr until 2027 – missed two recent matches amid the speculation, but has since returned to the starting line-up.

He marked his comeback with a goal in the win over Al-Fateh on Saturday (14.02.26), taking his tally to 19 in 23 appearances this season and 118 in 134 games overall for the club.

Despite significant spending – Al-Nassr have invested more than £350million across recent transfer windows – silverware has remained elusive during Ronaldo’s three full seasons in Saudi Arabia.

Visit Bang Premier (main website)